Anyone tried LinuxBIOS with freeBSD?

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at
Mon Mar 7 17:58:01 CET 2005

Richard Smith <smithbone at> writes:

> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:37:31 -0600, Bari Ari <bari at> wrote:
> >

> That info is all from my V1 stuff  and ADLO is not in V2 yet.  However
> its just a elf payload just like anything else so it will load fine.
> It won't run until you get the shadowing right.
> I don't remember what the final result of our V2 shadowing discussion
> was.  I seem to remember that we thought we could do an elf location
> trick that might make the mainboard specific shadowing in ADLO
> unnecessary.

Right.  We should simply need to enable the shadow memory in V2.
ADLO can take it from there.  We can reexamine if we ever find
memory that has a problem being read-write.

It is weird that ADLO loads in one place and runs in another but
that is largely a non-issue.  We need the a loader that runs
in protected mode.  So whatever I was thinking with ELF tricks
is something we can ignore.