[LinuxBIOS] New version of ROM posting app

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 03:16:18 CEST 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:03:40 -0500, Gregg C Levine
<hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Hello from Gregg C Levine
> While I appreciate the offer of the application, as I am eager to test
> nearly everything new for the primary Linux BIOS project, I have one
> or two questions.
>
> Question One, Is this the same emu86, that is a project on BerliOS?
> It's at http://emu86.berlios.de Also where is this vm86 available?

It is the emu86 that is contained in the linusbios project.
linuxbios/src/devices/emulator

There are about 100 variations on emu86 floating around.

> Question Two, I have bitkeeper installed, and it can reach itself,
> that is the company's site. But how can I retrieve the code stored at
> bk://mesa3d.bkbits.net/rom? I try feeding the string to bk command,
> and I get an odd command back.

 bk clone bk://mesa3d.bkbits.net/rom target_dir

> Has anyone on the list used bitkeeper before, other then yourself? I
> am afraid I am more use to CVS, then BK.

The Linux kernel is developed using bitkeeper.  Instead of copying
kernel images from kernel.org you can use this to keep up to date with
the latest changes.

bk clone  bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5 target_dir

After you have the initial tree down, to get updates
cd target_dir
bk pull

You can get bitkeeper here:
http://www.bitkeeper.com/Products.BK_Pro.Downloads.html