[LinuxBIOS] New version of ROM posting app

Paulo Marques pmarques at grupopie.com
Tue Mar 29 14:27:04 CEST 2005

Li-Ta Lo wrote:
>[...]
>>>
>>>What I used is in the current CVS repository:
>>>:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/freebios
>>
>>I just went there to check out the versions.
>>

> Can you go to
>
> http://www.openbios.org/cgi-bin/viewarch.cgi
>
> to check the version in the TLA ?

Oops, if I go to:

freebios->devel->2.0->patch-13 -> util/vgabios/x86emu/src/x86emu

the version there is the reduced one, but still has the nasty "XCHG
AX,BX" bug (and the "destination written on CMP" bug too).

Ollie, can you explain to Jon how to make the kind of logs you produced
to test the reduced version? If he could send me a log of the problem it
would be much easier to try to track it down.

Anyway, attached is my latest source (only the .c files). These can be
replaced over a reduced version. I think that only ops.c, ops2.c and
prim_ops.c have differences from any other reduced version out there.

I believe there is still a lot of room for code size reduction in there,
but we must agree on two issues before I start improving on the code again:

  - where is the "official" repository?

  - does the reduced version behave like the large version, and if this
is the case, can we make the reduced version the current official one?

A few more logs from different boards to test with the log tester might
help us settle this last question. Having more logs will also help me
develop more on the emulator and be able to test against known working
versions to make sure there are no regressions.

As for the repository, I really don't care where it is, as long there is
one official one instead of 3 or 4 like we have now. Even more, if you
think is ok for me to hack on the emulator and then just send the new
version to the linuxbios mailing list and to Kendall, so that whoever
wants it might update their repositories, that is fine by me, also.

--
Paulo Marques
Software Development Department - Grupo PIE, S.A.

Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)