[LinuxBIOS] VIA EPIA build

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Mon May 2 22:17:50 CEST 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 05:03:14AM +0900, Jun OKAJIMA wrote:
> FreeBIOS1:
>   I tried with both util/config/epia.conf and epia800.conf, but
> both failed.
>   epia.conf does not run. it shows weird and buggy chars. must be
> runaway.

I don't think so. Try changing the serial port speed in the terminal
program, first try half the speed and if that doesn't work try
experimenting. I seem to recall that the EPIA builds had a problem
with serial port init and that made the port run at 57600 instead of
115200.

>   epia800.conf runs. but does not load a payload. just ended up with
>   "bad gzip magic numbers" after had execed pc80/ide_* stuff.

Same for all payloads? I guess there's a problem with RAM then.

> FreeBIOS2:
>   Just did not work. it seems not to work totally, because even VGA
> sync signal does not comes. BTW, how to enable VGA debugging output?

Initializing VGA is very complex and the code for bringing VGA up in
LinuxBIOS has not been around for too long. I suggest you experiment
further with the v2 code, v1 is no longer developed and unsupported,
and stick to the serial console.

//Peter