[LinuxBIOS] Opteron memclk speed/loading fix

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Fri May 6 16:55:20 CEST 2005

Tao Liu <liutao1980 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> we are building an 1 cpu 8 dimm board and experienced this problem,
> and accroding to amd's amd64 bios developers' guide memory speed
> downgrade should also be applyed to the following 4dimm configurations:
>
> (1)  4 dimm with more than 2 double-rank dimms, downgrade to 333MHz
> (2)  more than 1 double-rank dimm for single channel, downgrade to 333MHz

In principle I agree with this.  However those are guidelines and it
stated that the actual details may very per motherboard.

So for merging I would request we have a generic function that
performs this logic,  and have the generic call in raminit.c
make a motherboard specific call.  By default that motherboard
specific call would simply call the default generic method,
but a motherboard that has better memory stability could override
this.

Eric