[LinuxBIOS] flash issue with AMD Ref board

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Thu May 12 22:02:06 CEST 2005

* beneo <beneo at comcast.net> [050512 19:56]:
> I spent sometime to check 8111 southbridge, but I couldn't find anything
> there.

It would not be part of the southbridge itself, but for example
connected to the smbus.
It might also very well be that AMIBIOS sets the switch correctly, which
is why flashing works in Linux with AB. but not with LB.

> Is that possible some setting in the Opteron that prevent write access to
> the EEPROM address be passed down southbridge? I'm not farmilar with the
> Opteron NB and CPU, if you guys can give me some pointers, that would help
> me a lot.

Not in the Opteron/NB itself, but it could very well be something
mainboard specifi, but it could very well be something mainboard
specific..

Stefan