[LinuxBIOS] Re: Next step with LinuxBIOS

Tyson Sawyer tyson at irobot.com
Thu May 19 17:16:26 CEST 2005

Ronald G. Minnich wrote:
> YES, please send me your kernel config and I'd like to try this. The
> single biggest complaint we get on linubios is
> - no command interface
> - can't load a system from cdrom
> - can't boot from arbitrary disk
> - no command interface
> - no command interface
> - no command interface
> - no command interface
> - no command interface
> - no command interface
> - "we hate etherboot"
> - "FILO does not do enough"
> - "we want Open Firmware"
>
> Oh, wait, that's more than one, but you get my drift. Please send config
> file!
>
> I'd really like to get a kernel in there and start resolving these issues.

I put a command line interface on Linuxbios v1 a LOOOONG time ago and we
are still using it.

...but at least at the time you weren't interested in the patches. ;-)

We use it to select a kernel image in the ROM, the kernel command line
options and optionally select a initrd image from ROM.   ...we have lots
of ROM. ;-)

Cheers!
Ty

--
Tyson D Sawyer                     iRobot Corporation
Lead Systems Engineer              Government & Industrial Robotics