[LinuxBIOS] still no luck on smartcore-p5

Kjell Svensson lists at endian.se
Thu May 19 20:56:59 CEST 2005

Thanks a million Ron!
I'll try this image as soon as i get back into the lab tomorrow. I
haven't had time to try your memtest suggestion yet either but I'll try
that as well then. I know where to get memtest86, and I've used it
before - no problem.
Ultimately, my goal is to generate a 256kB image that I can use to
"upgrade" the 256kB BIOS:es supplied by DigitalLogic, but at this point
your 512kB image should be just fine since I've got that size of
flashes in stock in the lab.

Since my last tries, I have only been able to come up with the
following ideas:
- Im using gcc 3.3.2, could this be a too new toolset? Any point in
trying 2.95.x?
- I noticed in the example config files that the etherboot image was
suffixed .ebi, is this in anyway a different elf format than the one
coming out of the linker after a normal build?? I have tried both
building FILO and Etherboot myself, and also downloaded an etherboot
from their rom-o-matic website which builds on-line, and to me the
resulting elf files seems equivalent...

Cheers
/Kjell