[LinuxBIOS] still no luck on smartcore-p5

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu May 19 22:28:27 CEST 2005

On Thu, 19 May 2005, Kjell Svensson wrote:

> Hmm, interesting image you sent!...
> I was curious about the image, so I had a look at it in my hex editor back
> home while waiting to get back into work tomorrow to actually test it. I was
> surprised to find the image to be repeating after 256kB, i.e comparing the
> first 256k with the second 256k showed they were identical!

it's ancient. I had a build for 256KB, and only had a 512KB lying around,
so I guess I did this:
cat img img > img2

> Is this what a LinuxBIOS romimage is supposed to be?

no

give it a shot.

You can also put an elfimage at the start of flash and leave the linuxbios
at the end unchanged, i.e. use dd to cat off the last 64BK as the startup
code, and then put different payloads at the front.

just an idea.

ron