Fwd: [LinuxBIOS] still no luck on smartcore-p5

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri May 20 17:32:58 CEST 2005

On Fri, 20 May 2005, Kjell Svensson wrote:

> Well, the LinuxBIOS booted and everything looked OK up until the same point as I
> have seen before from my builds; elfboot is started, but the payload seems
> completely dead... :-(

most likely this is a memory programming issue then. We've had lots of
trouble with the tiny DIMMS used on these cards -- the fuctory bios
programs them very conservatively, or linuxbios gets something wrong, or
some combination of the two, and result is what you are seeing.

Recommend you get memtest86.

Also, the memory that has worked well for us is Apacer. What I have on my
SC520 is the Apacer 128MB UBN PC133 CL3 memory.

ron