[LinuxBIOS] still no luck on smartcore-p5

Kjell Svensson lists at endian.se
Fri May 20 18:09:57 CEST 2005

Hi again,
I've left the lab for the week now, so I can't check what DIMM type
we're using until Monday.
But I do now for sure they work well using the factory BIOS settings,
we have several hundred units shipped running Linux well on them
without customer complaints.

I'm not sure I understand what I could use memtest86 for at this point?
Since I'm not able to start any payloads from LinuxBIOS, I wouldn't be
able to run memtest from that?
Or do you mean I should run memtest86 started from the route factory
BIOS -> GRUB -> memtest86? If so, what is it I should look for??

Are there any special linuxbios memory settings you believe I could try
with more conservative settings?
But if it's a DRAM issue, wouldn't then the LinuxBIOS itself crash
then? Isn't LinuxBIOS relocating itself into the DRAM during startup?

Cheers,
/Kjell