[LinuxBIOS] Using tla (gnuarch) through a proxy server/firewall

Ken Fuchs kfuchs at winternet.com
Wed May 25 15:14:23 CEST 2005

I'm trying to setup tla access to the LinuxBIOS (openbios.org) archive
through a proxy server that also functions as a firewall.

The proxy server is denying access when I try to do:

$ tla register-archive \
      ftp://openbios.org/pub/arch/linuxbios@linuxbios.org--devel

Can http be used instead of ftp in the above URL?

I'm using the following environment variable, defined with

$ ftp_proxy = http://<username>:<password>@<proxy-server>:<proxy-port>
$ export ftp_proxy

where <username>, <password>, <proxy-server>, <proxy-port> are all
replaced by literal values acceptable to the proxy server.

I've tried to use google to shed light on this issue, but haven't found
anything useful.

------

I've got yum working through this proxy server using http_proxy:

$ http_proxy = http://<username>:<password>@<proxy-server>:<proxy-port>
$ export http_proxy

So, I know that at least http passes through the proxy server just fine.

------

Any suggestions or comments?

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs <kfuchs at winternet.com>