[LinuxBIOS] VIA EPIA M10000 (Nehemiah) CentaurHauls Stepping 5 support status

tristan tristan at open3net.com
Wed Nov 9 08:46:01 CET 2005

Hi list,
I'd like to know the exact support status of LinuxBIOS on VIA EPIA
M10000 (Nehemiah) CentaurHauls Stepping 5. I've seen messages (August
2005) that say VGA is supported, and more recent threads that say it
isn't. So, what is supported by the mainstream LinuxBios v2 ? And what
is not yet?
Are these any patches around that could achieve better support?
All different messages I see are rather confusing ...

Another question: VIA has published a "FastBoot" BIOS that seems to be a
fork of LinuxBIOS, since it's a fork and LinuxBIOS is covered by GPL, is
FastBoot a GPL violation? Someone has ever had the sources of FastBoot?
If ever, could it lead to a better support of EPIA motherboards?

Thanks for you answers,

Tristan