[LinuxBIOS] VIA EPIA M10000 (Nehemiah) CentaurHauls Stepping 5 support status

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Nov 9 16:58:07 CET 2005

tristan wrote:
> Hi list,
> I'd like to know the exact support status of LinuxBIOS on VIA EPIA
> M10000 (Nehemiah) CentaurHauls Stepping 5. I've seen messages (August
> 2005) that say VGA is supported, and more recent threads that say it
> isn't. So, what is supported by the mainstream LinuxBios v2 ? And what
> is not yet?
> Are these any patches around that could achieve better support?
> All different messages I see are rather confusing ...

all the patches are in the issue trackers, and after SC 2005 I intend to
try to get this stuff into the tree. It seems like 3 different groups
have got 3 different patches.

> Another question: VIA has published a "FastBoot" BIOS that seems to be a
> fork of LinuxBIOS, since it's a fork and LinuxBIOS is covered by GPL, is
> FastBoot a GPL violation? Someone has ever had the sources of FastBoot?
> If ever, could it lead to a better support of EPIA motherboards?

is fastboot a GPL violation ?If it is based on linuxbios, then yet it
is. Does anyone have time to track this down?  No. The FSF has been
informed, as of a few years ago.

ron