[LinuxBIOS] x86_64: apic id lift patch

Andi Kleen ak at suse.de
Mon Nov 21 23:06:05 CET 2005

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 01:49:09PM -0800, yhlu wrote:
> Andi,
>
> Please check the patch regarding apicid lifting.
>
> For some reason, we need to lift AP apicid but keep the BSP apicid to 0....
>
> Also it solve the E0 later single but have apic id reorder problem...

Can you please explain clearly:

- What are you changing.
- What was the problem with the old behaviour
- Why that particular change
- Why can't that APIC number setup not be done by the BIOS itself

Thanks.

Please note there is a high barrier of entry for any kind of BIOS workarounds -
in particular for LinuxBIOS i'm not very motivated because you guys can
just fix the BIOS.

-Andi