[LinuxBIOS] Re: topics for linuxbios summit

Lu, Yinghai yinghai.lu at amd.com
Wed Sep 7 18:09:12 CEST 2005

eric> > Before we generate ACPI or anything else we need to move the relevant
eric> > information
eric> > into the internal device tree.
eric>
> YH: Good point, But I worry that we make LinuxBIOS more complicated.

Stepan: No, the information has to be reorganized. Currently pirq and mptables
Stepan: have to be hand crafted, and this is the complicated thing. Instead the
Stepan: abstract information should be put to the configuration filess, if it
Stepan: can not be probed.

YH: I suggest to add
1. one node id to ram_resource, so the index will be (idx<<8 | nodeid), So I can re-use ram_resource in pci_domain for SRAT creating.
2. for apci_cluster_id, will add two fields core_id and node_id, ( instantiate it when cpu_init)...
3. pci device: add pci_irq_routing, and pci_possiable_resource ( for apci _PRT and _PRS...)

how about ioapci in the internal tree?

YH