[LinuxBIOS] Executing Real-Mode Binaries

San Mehat san at google.com
Fri Sep 23 21:41:06 CEST 2005

Hmm... that doesnt actually look like ADLO is what I need. Basically I have
a binary blob that i need to jump into very early to do early setup tasks.
This initial task doesnt look *that* difficult.. I'm thinking I'll just get
the blob to link in at the segment it needs to run at (e000 segment), and
write an asm
wrapper for it which drops to big real mode, calls the blob, then pops back
into pmode.

In the long run, I think perhaps some kind of generic 16 bit 'callout'
mechanism may be required for early call blobs and whatnot (perhaps even
later.. option roms (gak)).

As far as Google goes, we're currently trying to get LinuxBIOS to function
for us to evaluate the featureset. So far it looks pretty good, and I'm
excited to get it going, and enhance it with what I can...

Thanks for the help, i appreciate the quick response.