[LinuxBIOS] New Target for LinuxBios MB1030 / 3036

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 17:45:20 CEST 2006

> Ok, now I need the best way to get vga working. Any ideas?
> There is a Cyberpro 5000 on the board, normaly the vgabios is included
> in the factory bios. I think the chip is on the pci bus.
> Could I try the emulator to load the vgabios?

Get linux up and get a serial console going.  Then lspci (or do this
from fuctory bios) to see what vga chip you have and where it is.  If
you don't have a copy of the vga binary then you will either need to
rip it out of the fuctory bios image or boot under fuctory and then
copy it from memory.   The wiki has info on doing this.

Then you can test the bios on the target under the emulator.  If it
works then you can add the bios into your Linuxbios image and set the
rom address accordingly so the emulator will run it on boot.

If it dosen't work.... Well then you get to debug it...*grin*

--
Richard A. Smith