[LinuxBIOS] New Target for LinuxBios MB1030 / 3036

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 10:26:42 CEST 2006

> However, the system detects the card first and posted them ;)
> What should I do? How can I disable the posted card correctly.
>
> Look at the attachment. With command=0 it is possible to unset the IO
> and Mem from + to - but I think that is not enough. VGA is still running.

Thats it. Bits 0 and 1 in the command register control access to the
IO space and memory space.  Setting them to 0 should disable the card.
 So you say when clear them that you can still get video updates on
the console?

Rather than use lspci -w you may want also check with -x.  I've had -w
and other stuff report back old settings.  Like it was cached and not
updated when I tweaked the registers.  -x will re-read them.  The
command register is offset 4.

> If I try to run testbios after set IO/MEM to -  the result is nearly the
> same as I boot with LB.

Well I'm out of things to try.   Now it gets ugly.

Perhaps Ollie has some other suggestions.  He has debugged a lot of cards.

I think you are going to have to enable the printf's in the IO for the
emulator and match them up with the datasheet to see what's happening.

--
Richard A. Smith