[LinuxBIOS] New Target for LinuxBios MB1030 / 3036 Success!!!???

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Apr 25 08:59:20 CEST 2006

"Richard Smith" <smithbone at gmail.com> writes:

>> So I would first check to see if the VGA adapter identification code
>> checks the enable bit.
>
> I added debug code that does just that.
>
>>  It is quite possible that just because
>> a device is disable that I we don't ignore it.  Looking at
>> an old version of the code, we do clearly do not check the enable
>> bit, and just finds the first vga device on the list of all devices.
>
> That version must be pretty old then.
Yep. :)  Just something laying around on my hard drive.
One of these days I will figure out how to get the SVN tree.

> The current code will
> 'continue' the loop if the enable is not set.  Here's what my VGA
> debug code spewed.. Notice that 12.4 is in the tree twice once
> disabled (where it is skipped) and then a second time where it gets
> picked up.
>
> Perhaps the merge of the static and dynamic trees gets tripped up by
> whats in the Config.lb?

That is what it looks like. The static 12.[123] appears to be
on a child bus of 12.0 which is nonsense in this case.

See my other message on the properly indented version of Config.lb
It appears we have structures that just aren't closed properly.

There has got to be a good way to prevent that but...

Eric