[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 I like 13 :D

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Apr 25 17:19:13 CEST 2006

Richard Smith wrote:
>>Hmm. I deleted the commented out lines and cleaned up the indentation
>>and this is what I see.
>>
>>It appears we have several nesting problems.
>>Nothing should be inside drivce/pci/onboard except pci 9.0.
>>
>>Having pci 12.1,12.2,12.3 inside of pci 12.0 looks distinctly suspicious.
>>
>>The version in static.c appears to confirm this.
>>
>>It actually looks to me like we are short an end.  is that really
>>accepted?
>>

> Yep.. I just took what you posted pasted it over the existing, ran
> buildtarget and then make and it made fine.
> --
> Richard A. Smith

great. Thinking about it, I don't think the parser is smart enough to
catch that. Goodness, that's Parsing 101 and I missed it!

We had a project here to replace the config tool with Kconfig, but it
did not work out -- our needs are more complex that Kconfig could
accomodate. But fixing up the config parser is on the list.

At a minimum, however, if somebody had a .emacs for the config language
even that would help ...

For now, however ,I think the Config issue with this mobo is drawing
into focus.

ron