[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 I like 13 :D

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Wed Apr 26 13:17:16 CEST 2006

> So the chip which has the name 9.0 has a register rom_address.

Well, it is a onboard graphic chip "cyberpro 5000"

> And with that I think I have reached my limit of usefulness.
>
> Eric

Mmmh, I think LB does all in the right way.

The right device is allocated, the image is copy and the emulator is
entered, now the question is.
Why fails the emulator. It seems, that there happens nothing.
Remember that. There is no debug output, but it should.

So, what is wrong.

Is it the 12.4, which eventually block something. Or is any other stuff
not right.

I think the 12.4 is the problem, because if I try the image with
testbios all seems to work fine. But I have to disable the 12.4 totally
before. That means command=0 with setpci send to 12.4
After that, there is no I/O or MEM anywhere allocated.

If I do a boot know with the current config and disable the VGA stuff,
all is done well, but the 12.4 device has a MEM+ shown with lspci.

So I think, that causes the problems with enabled emulator, because if I
done a testbios run in that state, it fails too ;) with rare debug
output (ca. 10 lines)

Question is now, in which state of LB is for 12.4 MEM allocated, while
it is disabled?

i.e there are two other devices on 12.0 (12.1/12.3) and these ones are
disabled, too. and this works fine.

chris