[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 I like 13 :D

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Wed Apr 26 19:47:10 CEST 2006

Stefan Reinauer schrieb:
> * Christian Sühs <chris at suehsi.de> [060426 18:35]:
>
>>Thanks, the output is as expected. There are only FF
>>
>>What about the irq_table, which is later copied. The verify fails to.
>>For the same reason ?? CONFIG_COMPRESSED is default 1 or 0 ???
>

> No, different reason. I guess the ram at 0xc0000 is not visible or
> writable. The datasheet usually knows how to make that area writable.
>

> Stefan.

Ok, what is this?

In src/northbridge/amd/gx1/northbridge.c

There is a part, where a Framebuffer Size is compute.
This Framebuffer is only used, if the internal virtual graphic
accelaration is needed.
Means, if the graphic work is done by the GXM Geode and the cs5530
southbridge.
In that case the RAM holds also the graphic memory and is used.

I hope I explain that right ;)

However, in my case it is set to 60MB ?!?!
(see older attached *.cap files)

The RAM Modul, which I use is a 64MB SDRAM.

64MB - 60MB = 4 MB :D

I think that is not enough ;)

However, could that be a reason for my problem.

chris