[LinuxBIOS] Tyan S2881 build tutorial online

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Thu Apr 27 00:08:30 CEST 2006

Hi all,

As promised, I've just uploaded a Tyan S2881 build tutorial to the wiki:

  http://wiki.linuxbios.org/index.php/Tyan_S2881_Build_Tutorial

We (the FSF) hope this will help others to get LinuxBIOS going.

A _very big_ thank you to all of you, and in particular Yinghai, Ron, Stefan,
Richard and Alan for all your help to get me to the point where we have a
working LinuxBIOS machine.

We will be deploying 2 or 3 of these GX28 boxes shortly. Soon, all
@(lists.)gnu.org and @fsf.org e-mail will be processed by machines running
LinuxBIOS!

As you will see in the wiki page, there is still one thing that I have not
gotten to work - VGA output. It's not a big issue for us, but I'd like to get
it working nevertheless, if only to complete the build tutorial. I'll be
posting about that shortly, I'm sure :)

Thanks,
Ward.

--