[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA comes up :D

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Thu Apr 27 20:53:38 CEST 2006

> Can yo post up a summary of what things work and what things don't.
> Both usemode and in-tree.

I can try that.

testbios:
VGA comes up after 6 seconds.
minimal Debug says, that there are 3

run_bios_int calls

after the first call screen goes from standby to on
after the second call flickering
after the third of them VGA is initialized.

LB:
nearly the same, but it tooks ca. 80-90 seconds to initialize the vga
in this time there are also 3 int calls
with the same results as above
after the third of them VGA is initialized

debugging.

LB:
first way
enable DEBUG in debug.h
enable XEMU_trace_on() in biosemu.c

after a while the system seems to hang. There is no more debug output.
The screen don't change their state from standby to on.
Could be before the first call is done.

second way
enables all debug lines in biosemu.c
the same as before. it seems after the same time the system hangs.

the timing is relative.
means, the real emulatur debug output does write more lines for the same
debug output as the printk debugs from biosemu.c so it tooks more time

it seems, that the system stops at the same place, but I'm not sure.

If you wish I can post the necessary cap files again.

chris