[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA comes up :D

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Thu Apr 27 21:35:02 CEST 2006

Ronald G Minnich schrieb:
> well, this chipset is doing something very weird.
>
> I will try to push on the 'don't use physical c0000 in the emulator'
> side of this.
>
> ron

OK, and than it runs, but we do know nothing about the reasons :D

Well, remember.
There are two other problems for me, which I could not explain.

It seems there is a bottleneck and I think the reason therefor are not
proper settings for the CPU.

BC_XMAP_1 is set to 0x60

a look to the datasheets says that therefore are not much things
enabled. I guess there is a whole piece of memory not writeable, more
not useable.

ok first.

after filo has load the kernel and the initrd, there is a jump and the
kernel is uncompressing. I'm not sure, but one of them needs more time
as it should, also I think this is done somewhere in the memory.

second
my system boots readonly, but I don't know why
means VFS: booting bla,bla readonly

For me the whole stuff is running out of the ram
It could be that unuseable memory segments are needed for that.

chris