[LinuxBIOS] Kernel crash output: Memtest86+ output

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 00:18:31 CEST 2006

> question is why is this not needed with legacy bios? Can we emulate
> their behavior easily?

I think its already there.  Notice what Reserved memeory map it used
for factory.

       224M       76K e820-std  on    off std

the e820 map.

And for LB

          224M        0  LinuxBIOS on    off std

The LinuxBIOS map.  So you may not have your LB reserved memory map
setup.  I can't help you much on setting that up since I wasn't even
aware we had a reserved memory map but memtest had to get that from

Richard A. Smith