[LinuxBIOS] Uniflash.

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sun Aug 6 21:58:47 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've stumbled over Uniflash recently (http://uniflash.org/) which is a
flashing program similar to flashrom.

I was lucky to find that I can use that to flash my W49F002U with that,
so I can now finally flash LinuxBIOS (and other) images.

The program is quite old, but supports lots of flash chips and
motherboards (http://uniflash.org/hardware.htm). As it has recently been GPL'd
I figure it might be interesting for LinuxBIOS in order to add support
for more chips (even though it's written in Pascal and is compiled to a
DOS *.exe file ;)

I'll try to figure out what it does that flashrom does not, in order to
be able to use flashrom; I'll post a patch for flashrom when I'm done.

Cheers, Uwe.
--
Uwe Hermann
http://www.hermann-uwe.de