[LinuxBIOS] Success.

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 17:09:10 CEST 2006

On 8/6/06, Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> wrote:

> The setup_serial.inc is copied from v1, for the rest of the stuff I tried
> to guess what's needed from other superios in v2. I haven't grasped
> LinuxBIOS well enough to _really_ know what I'm doing ;)

setup_serial.inc is a holdover from V1 and not used in V2.  Just say
not to assembly.

Are you #includeing this in your auto.c?  If so then remove it an only
use the .c stuff to init the device.

> Anyways, I managed to build an image (based on bitworks/ims) which
> outputs something on the serial line:
>
> LinuxBIOS-1.1.0-* starting...

1.1.0?   What rev are you working with?

Hmmm... Perhpas we need to add some .svn build info in here.

> Please look over the preliminary patch (attached) and tell me about
> obvious stupid errors I made.

I've only had time to briefly look at it.  I'll study it more later.

--
Richard A. Smith