[LinuxBIOS] Geode GX1 system IRQ handling

Jonathan Sturges jsturges at speakeasy.net
Tue Aug 15 22:25:20 CEST 2006

So I'm back to working on getting LB on my Geode-based MaxTerm 230 thin
client again.  I've built a test image from the Eaglelion 5bcm target
that boots this machine.  However, IRQ mapping is not working.  I have
no doubt that is because the MaxTerm differs from the 5bcm.  :-)

I'm not entirely sure how to proceed.  I know I can create PIRQ tables,
but in some posts, I've seen mention that this is outdated and ACPI
should be used.  Even if I were to build a PIRQ table, the usual method
of booting with the system's default BIOS is out of the question.  The
MaxTerm only ran WinCE 3.0, and has a WinCE BIOS instead of a full PC
BIOS.  Unless someone knows of a WinCE system inspection tool that might
reveal the IRQ assignments.

Advice appreciated....

thanks,
Jonathan