[LinuxBIOS] IT8718F support.

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Aug 29 23:06:49 CEST 2006

Bari Ari wrote:
> Uwe Hermann wrote:
>> Hi, here's some code for the IT8718F. Untested, but compiles.
>>

> Are you working on the support for these devices by just using the data
> sheets and without hardware to test this? It's great if you are. It's a
> good starting point for someone else with hardware.

Yes, he is. This has the potential to get quite a lot of people started
and getting any output at all is a major motivation factor even if the
rest of the code for bringup has yet to be written.

Can we build a ROM which does nothing but execute early serial code
for a given SuperIO, prints a few messages and then halts? So that if
somebody knows the SuperIO on his mainboard he can build a ROM testing
the code we have for it? Or does the early serial code also depend on
northbridge/southbridge/CPU?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
--