[LinuxBIOS] #57: libusb host program for PLX NET20DC debug device

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Fri Dec 1 19:55:57 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 10:36:46AM -0800, Lu, Yinghai wrote:
> The two debug devices in the cable are different?

Yes. The PLX NET20DC device I looked at in Hamburg is asymmetric.

This is also consistent with the Debug Device Functional Device
Specification. If you are familiar with USB, please have a look at

Looking at this again I completely mixed up the terms. Remote is the
debugging host, target is the host being debugged. Sorry!

In Hamburg, I plugged a USB cable into one connector at a time and
ran lsusb, among other things.

The device enumerated with cable connected to one port, but not with
the cable connected to the other port.