[LinuxBIOS] DK8-HTX: 8131 B-bus IRQ problem?

mcqmcqmcq at fastmail.fm mcqmcqmcq at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 13 22:42:44 CET 2006

> It could be some bug in your 3w-9xxx driver.

Nope.  e1000 does the same thing in that slot; "nobody cared" immediately
on driver load.  Definately not unique to the 3w-9xxx driver.

> I noticed that
> Irq 26 is used by card on slot 4 (8131 a)
> Irq 25 is used by card on slot 3 (8131 a)
> Irq 30 is used by card on slot 2 (8131 b)
> Slot 1: is HTX

Ahh.  Closer inspection of the mobo artwork reveals that there are two
sockets on the B-bus and one on the A labelled (in order: HTX, PCIX2,
PCI64_1, PCI64_2).  I thought there were two on the A and one on the B
(well, that's how _I_ would have built it...  ;-)).

So the problem isn't a B-bus problem it's a B-bus 2nd slot (slot 4)
problem.  I think your 'a' and 'b' in the quoted text above are backwards
from reality (or at least from the board artwork).

This means it's a non-issue for me practically; I can get away with
never plugging anything into slot 4, like ever.  But if it _is_ an LB
problem, it'd be nice to get it licked so the board can be declared
'working'.  :)

Might there be some mystery hardware that I just don't know about that's
initted by LB/etherboot+filo, still running, and sharing the IRQ with slot
4?  Does linux generate 'nobody cared' for IRQs with zero drivers attached
or does it silently drop them?

Thanks again,

  mcqmcqmcq at fastmail.fm