[LinuxBIOS] Digital-Logic, Intel 855GME, 945GM, AMD LX800

Tom Sylla tsylla at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 19:47:45 CET 2006

On 12/19/06, Marc-André Beck <marc-andre_beck at gmx.ch> wrote:
> What about the other two chipsets I mentioned: Intel 945GM and AMD LX800
> Is the AMD LX800 booting properly?

AMD LX is working for Indrek Kruusa on one model board. (see the mail
archive) His last mail to me said he had quite a few changes in his
tree, and they are missing from the LB tree since they are not
generic. LX also requires the VSA binary blob for your platform, which
is, in general, not available. If you are intending to create a
commercial LX platform with LB, you need to solve that problem. A
partial GX VSA was open-sourced for OLPC. LX VSA source is not
available.

> I know, this question is not of great interest. Is it possible right now
> to boot an old Operating System like Windows XP using ADLO and
> effectively use it afterwards (except of the ACPI)?

No, this is not working right now. There is lots of lore about this,
but I haven't seen evidence of anyone ever booting XP from LinuxBIOS.
2k and earlier, maybe, but that is all.