[LinuxBIOS] what is the fastest speed of BIOS socket?

Miernik miernik at ffii.org
Wed Feb 8 01:13:03 CET 2006

Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> wrote:
> It really varies. There is no one constant.
>> For VT8601, VT8623 for example?
> These are north, flash is on south, so they are not the issue.

The link between North and South, for example the Ultra V-Link in CN400
is 1066 MB/s anyway, so that's the higher limit. DDR400 runs 3200 MB/s
so it'll be 3 times slower anyway, no matter what the Southbridge does,
if the Northbridge is CN400.

So for example what it is on VT8237 (the speed of connection to flash
chip), does anyone have the datasheet?

How is this parameter commonly called in datasheets, so I can google for
it? What are the known southbridges with highest speed?