[LinuxBIOS] [Fastboot] Re: [Kboot-general] Re: small 64bit initrd

Steve Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Tue Jan 17 19:40:25 CET 2006

Well, linux-tiny does do better, but so far it seems to have too many
bugs in 2.6.14 for serious work.  Many config setting I tried give
compile errors, which seem to be related to unenforced dependencies, and
even when I can get it to compile I have never had it actually work,
erroring out in the boot process with "bad gzip magic number".  But I
have gotten unpatched 2.6.14 to work, with kexec, and successfully
jumped into knoppix from a single floppy boot with all the tools I
need.  Thanks for the help, right now the -Os compile switch gets me
there, and I will keep monitoring linux-tiny for additional progress.

Steve G.