[LinuxBIOS] one last note for epia

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 16:46:15 CET 2006

On 1/24/06, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
> So you have vga and all the other features as well? What board vendor/model
> is this? I'd like to put it on the web page.

Anton,

I thought you had to make some changes that were not compatible with
the epia m tree as it stands.  The action stefan and I thought best
was to create a new mainboard directory.  I don't believe thats
happened yet.

We probally want to get this all fixed up before any success reports
show up on the webpage or we will just have to deal with a lot of
failure reports on the list.

IIRC the issues were that your board does not have a device that the
current tree probes for and this caused a long delay in booting as the
code loops through looking for all devices on all busses.  Then there
was some VGA wierdness that I think was solved by write protecting the
legacy VGA bios range.

--
Richard A. Smith