[LinuxBIOS] VIA/EPIA Question

Samet, Matt MSamet at ea.com
Tue Jan 24 20:41:53 CET 2006

Hi list,

Longtime reader, first poster :-)  I and many others appreciate
everything you guys are doing here.

I wanted to inquire about the status of the VIA VT8237 southbridge... I
know some of you may be working on it and was just curious how far it's

I'm interested in doing some work to support an EPIA board which has a
CLE266 northbridge and VT8237 southbridge (and a VIA Eden CPU).  Since
the Epia(-M) platform exists already, approximately how hard would it be
to make a target for Eden / CLE266 / VT8237?  The board's name is Epia
MS and the specification sheet can be found here:

It looks very similar to the Epia M.

I suppose you guys would recommend I post the lspci -vvv output? :-)

Thanks much,