[LinuxBIOS] tyan s2895 build question

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Jan 25 16:58:24 CET 2006

Young, Jeff S. wrote:

> Howdy folks,
>
>             I have been trying to build the tyan s2895 board with gcc
> 3.3 on SuSE 10.0
>
> It doesn’t build.  The loader tries to overlap some sections.  I got
> around this by
>
> laying out my own ldscript.lb file (similarly to what Ron wants to do).

sorry for this confusion, but what you did and what I am doing are
totally unrelated.

I am merely proposing to mod the standard LinuxBIOS makefile so that the
ldscript.ld is not a sequence of INCLUDE statements, but instead a
sequence of ld commands. (Sorry, folks, I have not done this yet)

What you did is hack the ldscript.ld script to make things fit. This is
going to burn you big time next time you need to run buildtarget -- you
will lose those changes. You need to set proper options in your
targets/tyan/s2895/Config.lb -- for best results, however, make your own
copy of that file.

Please see my linux journal web article, wherein the way you size rom
images is explained.

Sorry you are having trouble, we are looking at this board too and will
try to make sure it works.

thanks

ron