[LinuxBIOS] Tyan S2892

Arturo Mann arturo.mann at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 01:54:37 CEST 2006

Hallo there,
I used my Pentium4 to build a LinuxBIOS image based on the jun30th snapshot,
using FILO to boot directly into GRUB.
Now, my problem is, that the Tyan is currently bricked, and yes, even a
replacement bios from BIOSMAN did not do the trick
I do not want to send the Mainboard into warranty just yet.
I have my linuxbios.rom, and a brand new, shiny SST49LF080A chip to put the
image into.
However, since the Tyan is bricked, I cannot program with it's own flashing
mechanism using the flashrom utility included in LinuxBios.
I currently have a nice little Abit KV85 mainboard, which, in combination
with uniflash and DOS is supported, however, uniflash
cannot write the LinuxBIOS ELF image, and flashrom does not like this
mainboard. Please advise on how to continue,
ps. I have access to a TopMAX universal programmer.

---- Stop the DRM! www.defectivebydesign.org ----

---- Stop the TCPA from taking away OUR freedom! www.againsttcpa.com/  -----
---- Arturo Mann, arturo.mann at gmail.com ----