[LinuxBIOS] Booting from a ethernet over ata device

Sergio García Murillo Sergio.Garcia at ydilo.com
Thu Jul 6 14:51:35 CEST 2006

Hi all

I have just discovered the project and I was wondering if it could support the ethernet over ata protocol so it could boot up from a net drive.
AFAIK it would require a 2.6 kernel which I don't know if there are plans to support it soon.
But I think it could bring some new interesting possibilities.

Greetings and great job

Sergio García Murillo
Research & Development
.y dilo
    Advanced Voice Solutions

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. No confidentiality
or privilege is waived or lost by any wrong transmission.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately destroy it and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any
part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Opinions, conclusions and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of
Ydilo Advanced Voice Solutions, S.A. shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.