[LinuxBIOS] Problem Using SimNow Simulator

Dan Mezynski danmez at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 00:21:09 CEST 2006

It's nice to hear you have used SimNow to run LinuxBios on cheetah.

I guess my message title was a bit miss leading, I'm not having problems
with SimNow itself.  In Fact I can run the AMI bios, single step thru it and
even boot Fedora Core 5 linux on the simulated Serenade board in SimNow.
The trouble is when I try to run the LinuxBios that I compiled, since this
serenade board already exists in the LinuxBios configs, I would have thought
I could select it(thru buildtarget) and it would work, but I must have
missed something in the basic build procedure.

I'll try to ask a couple clear questions:
*  Are the first few instructions executed after a reset(hard or soft) in
the source file s_start.S?
*  Do I need to explicitly do something to configure for VGA
initializations, or is that done since I'm using this existing serenade
setup?