[LinuxBIOS] USB Support

Tom Sylla tom.sylla at amd.com
Fri Jul 7 23:48:42 CEST 2006

Bari Ari wrote:
> Let me know what it actually needs (if it needs to be custom) and I'll
> see about manufacturing them in low volumes (100's, k's) for cheap.

WinDBG has recently added support for USB2 debugging support. I haven't
seen it explicitly stated by Microsoft anywhere, but it seems to use the
"debug port" defined by EHCI. Here is a post:

http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=456

The debug cable mentioned can be purchased from Mouser for $75:

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=displayproduct&lstdispproductid=950546

or here for 80:

http://shop.semiconductorstore.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=NET20DC%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%201?comp=SYM

A little more info here:

http://advdbg.com/blogs/advdbg_system/articles/64.aspx

For debug targets with their own *device* controller, you may not even
need the dongle.