[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOS vs. FreeBIOS vs. OpenBIOS?

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Thu Jul 13 19:12:03 CEST 2006

LinuxBIOSv1 and FreeBIOS shared the same source base. I think it's safe to
say that LinuxBIOSv2 is FreeBIOS's successor. OpenBIOS is a free
implementation of the Open Firmware specification and can be used as a
LinuxBIOS payload. It's not a competing project and in fact the project
maintainer, Stefan Reinauer, has long been and still is a maintainer of
LinuxBIOS.