[LinuxBIOS] i440bx framework commited

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 06:48:27 CEST 2006

I fixed up and committed my i440bx mods and the beginnings of support
for the Bitworks IMS board that used this chipset.

Hopefull, someone else can take the time to fix my stupid SPD problem
and we can get this chipset up.

I've not been back to work to test so its compile tested only.  They
worked long ago (up to SPD) when I first created them so I'm guessing
they still boot.  The nrv2b compression is new since then but since
that works on other boards hopefully it dosen't break things.

The commit also adds support for NSC pc87351 superIO.

If you look at auto.c in mainboard/bitworks/IMS you will see that
dump_spd_registers() and sdram/generic_dump_spd.c are commented out.
That's because generic_dump_spd.c expects to find 2 memory controllers
and 440bx only has one so unless you mod generic_dump_spd.c to only
try one controller the compile will fail.  Rather than try to come up
with a fix I just left it as is and you just need to fixup your
install when you use dump_spd_registers() so that generic_dump_spd.c
only does 1 controller.  Again someone else feel free to fix this if
it bothers you.

I should be able to fire up my old hardware sometime later on this
week and verify that the image still boots.

--
Richard A. Smith