[LinuxBIOS] Code flow of LinuxBIOS

Dan Mezynski danmez at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 17:29:07 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am also trying to get a clear understanding of the LB logical flow.  Our
company has a hardware simulator which we will use for initial testing
before trying on real hardware but it shouldn't make a difference to the LB
flow.  There are two flow charts that I've been looking at, you may have
already looked at them, the first is in section 8.3 of the Mangrove project
book under the documentation page of the web site.   The other flow chart is
in documentation/port guides/LinuxBios on AMD 64.  this flowchart has other
infomation and could be used with the first flowchart to fill in some
details.

When we reset the board then single step into it, the flow seems to go first
to crt0.s then C_start.s then to  hardwaremain.c, but I'm not sure this is
true for all boards and I assume certain include files are inserted into the
code for different configurations.

I hope this helps,

Dan