[LinuxBIOS] Flashrom support to VIA VT8235

Alan Carvalho de Assis acassis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 21:29:51 CEST 2006

Hi Ronald,

On 7/24/06, Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> wrote:
> good news! write enable is working!

bad news! flash write enable is not working! :-(

In the datasheet said pins TBL# (pin 8) and WP# (7) need go to high to
enable flash erasing/writing, but enable_flash_write() on vt8235 is
not activating it (I verifyied these pins using oscilloscope).

Then enable_flash_write from vt8235 is not working on vt8237!

> Your problem is that your flash chip driver needs some work. You need to
> look at the spec sheet for the flash part, look at your code, and see
> what's not working.

Sure, but I think the problem is because enable_flash_write() is not
unprotecting flash (at hardware)  to erase.

Another idea to solve it?

> But you are on the way!

Thank you,

> ron

Alan
|                     Alan Carvalho de Assis                |