[LinuxBIOS] Netvista N2200 8363 (Request)

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 16:53:31 CEST 2006

> (lilo/grup etc...) but instead loads up an elf uncompressed kernel. For
> reasons I'm not yet sure, the kernel (2.4) needs to be compiled by gcc

Most likely for boot speed.  Devices with out a lot of cache take much
longer to decompress the Kernel.

> I was wondering if anyone has tried LinuxBios on this and what the
> results were? Would anyone be willing to get it going? I would be happy

Hmm.. Looks a bit troublesome.

I don't see a serial port mentoned anywhere or in the picures.  Is
there a serial port?  or a serial port mod?

Flash part is soldered onto the board but at least its a PLCC so it
will be pretty easy to replace with a a socket.

VGA is handled by VSA but I think others have made that work on some
of the other geode boards.

Are the datasheets for the MediaGX available?

--
Richard A. Smith