[LinuxBIOS] Comes up but cant see CMOS prompt or options

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Jul 28 01:15:38 CEST 2006

* Dan Mezynski <danmez at gmail.com> [060727 23:51]:
> Note that I'm not yet getting Linux booted, I would love to get that far, it
> just gets to elfboot then says:
> Could not find a bouce buffer...
> Cannot Load ELF Image

Sounds like you are running out of HEAP.

Ron wrote to this problem in his article:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8310

 The real problem is LinuxBIOS thinks there is no memory. Remember that
in the beginning we set up the CPU with no functions to be called? It
turns out we do need to have some functions called, because part of what
the functions have to do is indicate how much memory there is. We can
look to another Northbridge chip for inspiration. It is pretty close to
the SC520 and avoids the complications of the K8 Northbridge, which are
very complex.

Regards,
Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613