[LinuxBIOS] EPIA-MII 12000, almost there. ( newbie )

Russell Whitaker russ at ashlandhome.net
Tue Jun 6 10:33:04 CEST 2006

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Per Mellander wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 18:02:20 +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote
>>
>> Are they all in the c0000 segment? If so, its not a problem, as thats
>> the vga bios area which is not writable..
>>

> Yes they're all in that segment.
>
> You don't have any clue why my kernel loads but then LB restarts as mentioned in my
>
> I've tested with plain kernel ( several different ones ), kernel and initrd,
> kernel+initrd with mkelfImage and a lot of different settings for kernel params. etc.
> Nothing helps, it keeps on restarting after kernel is loaded. Is there any more debug
> that I can switch on to se whats causing the error?

Bought a via PD6000 about two weeks ago. Using factory bios until I get
everything else just right. One of the first thing i discovered the via
box kept restarting, so I moved the hd to a tyan mb and tried booting. The
tyan stopped with a kernel panic.

Got the via working and then built several versions of a 2.6.19 kernel.
The one that seems to work the best is where the cpu is called a "k6".
If interested, will email copy of the config file. (Or, if there's enough
interest will post it).

   russ